- These Conditions apply to those bidders in attendance or mail or phone bidding directly through us.
If you are participating through Live Auctioneers, please
read the Terms & Conditions listed there as they will be applied to you.
- The auctioneers have endeavored to correctly catalog and describe the property being sold, but all
property is sold “as is”. The auctioneers reserve the right to make verbal corrections and provide additional
information from the block at the time of sale. All trains and battery operated toys are sold as untested and
are not guaranteed to work. All pieces to play sets have been photographed. We don’t guarantee the completeness
of the sets unless they are described as complete in their lot description.
- The highest bidder acknowledged by the auctioneer shall be the purchaser. In the event of any dispute between bidders,
the auctioneers shall have absolute discretion as to who was the successful bidder or he may re-offer the disputed item for
sale, if he so wishes.
- Attending bidders must pay in full on the day of sale, and items purchased must be removed immediately after the sale
unless specific arrangements to hold them have been made with the auctioneers. The auctioneers reserve the right to hold
merchandise purchased by personal check until the check has cleared the bank, if the auctioneers deem such action necessary
to protect their interest. Mail bidders must pay in full within 20 days of the auction sale date.
- The auctioneers will accept as payment of each purchaser’s account: cash, credit cards, certified checks or personal
checks which have been approved by the auctioneers. All purchases except out-of-state mail bids are subject to the Connecticut
6.35% sales tax unless the purchaser possesses a Sales Tax Exemption Number from any US state.
- There is a 21% Buyer’s Premium. American Express, Visa, Mastercard or Discover, or Paypal or a bank wire transfer are
acceptable as payment. For purchases made by cash, check or money order, the Buyer’s Premium shall be reduced to 18%.
- All of our auctions are listed with Live Auctioneers. In the event of a problem with the internet service, we will
stop selling and wait for the internet problem to be resolved. There are separate Conditions listed online for internet
- All sales are final. Refunds will not be given to attending bidders except in case of damage by the auctioneers
after the purchase has been made. Mail bid refunds will be at the discretion of the auctioneers. Refunds will not be
given because of the condition of the original box. In the case of a refund due because of damage during shipping, the
buyer will be refunded only when the auctioneers have been reimbursed by the professional shipping company. Original
shipping charges and return shipping charges will not be refunded in case of a returned item.
- Mail bids are accepted. They must contain Lot Number, Description, and a definite amount in US dollars. They will
be executed by an attendant as if the bidder were in the audience. Please bid within the stated bidding increments.
If you do not, your bid will be raised to the nearest increment and subject to standard bidding procedures. Bills will
be rendered for the amount at which the item sold (not necessarily the top bid amount). If a credit card number is given
as security, the auctioneers will use the credit card only if payment is not received within the stated time due.
Included in the bill will be a $10 per container handling and packing charge plus an estimate of the postage and insurance.
Any postage paid over the amount estimated will be paid by the bidder. If you have any questions about mail bidding, please
call and we can discuss them. Call between 10AM and 4PM Eastern Time at 203-924-5804.
- The auctioneers are not responsible for typographical errors or omissions.
- The auctioneers are not responsible for items not collected by attending bidders.
- Bidding on any item indicates your acceptance of these conditions.
LLOYD RALSTON GALLERY, Inc. guarantees the toys they sell, but cannot be responsible for repairs not visible without taking
the toy apart or replacement parts created by contemporary craftsmen who are doing expert restorations. Missing pieces of toys
and games not obvious without directions or knowledge of the toy or game are also not part of this guarantee. Miniature figures
- major defects, damages, repair and/or repainting have been noted where possible. It must be understood that we cannot be
responsible for minor age defects or hidden conditions. They will be sold in an “as is” condition. Original boxes were used to
protect the items inside, so they are usually worn. The original box is not included in the grading of the toy. An original box
described as “rough” should be considered as in very poor & distressed condition and may or may not be complete.It must be
understood that toys were played with by children. Consequently, when a toy is graded C1, it has more flaws, such as rust,
dents, worn tires, etc., than toys graded C6. However, the toys graded C6 also might have these flaws, but to a lesser degree.
We do not grade a toy based on its rarity. If you have a specific question about a piece being auctioned and need more information
than is listed in the catalog, please call on a preview day and ask for assistance.